The George and Laurie Hoke Theatre
On August 10, 2012, the 934 seat main theatre in the Stocker Arts Center was dedicated as the George and Laurie Hoke Theatre to honor the tremendous generosity of George and Laurie Hoke. At that time, the Lorain County Community College District Board of Trustees, in collaboration with the Lorain County Community College Foundation Board of Directors recognized the Hokes with a plaque and signage in the lobby acknowledging the naming of the theatre. The plaque shares brief highlights of their inspiring story: “From the moment they returned home in 1955, George and Laurie Hoke were extraordinary Lorain County leaders. With courage, dedication, and perseverance, Dr. Hoke established the first neurosurgical practice between Cleveland and Toledo while Laurie, a veritable force of nature, set a new standard for civic devotion in countless leadership roles, of which first in her heart was co-founding the Lorain Community Hospital. George and Laurie share the unshakable conviction that education is the key to transforming lives, and music is the key to transporting them. Their generous gift to the college, love of the arts, and service to the community is hereby acknowledged with sincere appreciation and gratitude with the naming of the George and Laurie Hoke Theatre in the C. Paul Stocker Fine Arts and Humanities Center of Lorain County Community College.”
The Lorain County Community College Foundation is pleased to be able to dedicate this lasting tribute to the Hoke Family on the Lorain County Community College campus.
Stay In the Know with the LCCC President's Blog
Read the latest President's Blog by LCCC President, Dr. Marcia Ballinger and follow her on Twitter @PresBallinger.