The Role of a LCCC Foundation Board Member
I. College and Community:
- Help the LCCC Foundation create the “margin of excellence” for LCCC that is not possible through traditional revenue sources alone.
- Provide support and counsel to LCCC President.
- Be familiar with, and support, the LCCC Foundation Mission and Vision Statements
- Act as ambassadors of the college and the LCCC Foundation in order to cultivate additional community involvement which promotes and encourages education at all levels.
- Expand involvement with LCCC programs in individual colleges and units.
II. Financial Support:
- Increase private giving to the Foundation through identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospective donors.
- Commit to support the Foundation’s Annual Fund drive commensurate with one’s personal situation, and solicit outside Annual Fund gifts to achieve the goals set by the board.
- Support the Foundation's goal for “giving” campaigns, as well as special projects with active participation.
III. LCCC Foundation:
- Attend as many board meetings as possible.
- Participate on a committee or committees of your choice, including meetings, conference calls, events, etc .
- Fulfill fiduciary responsibilities.
- Fulfill expectations of the Committee on Directorship
- Self-evaluation, requested
- Watch list submission of potential board candidates
- Mentor/mentee program
LCCC will ensure that Foundation Board members are informed on all major issues of the Lorain County Community College, and higher education in Ohio.