The Role of a LCCC Foundation Board Member
I. College and Community:
- Help the LCCC Foundation create the “margin of excellence” for LCCC that is not possible through traditional revenue sources alone.
- Provide support and counsel to LCCC President.
- Be familiar with, and support, the LCCC Foundation Mission and Vision Statements
- Act as ambassadors of the college and the LCCC Foundation in order to cultivate additional community involvement which promotes and encourages education at all levels.
- Expand involvement with LCCC programs in individual colleges and units.
II. Financial Support:
- Increase private giving to the Foundation through identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospective donors.
- Commit to support the Foundation’s Annual Fund drive commensurate with one’s personal situation, and solicit outside Annual Fund gifts to achieve the goals set by the board.
- Support the Foundation's goal for “giving” campaigns, as well as special projects with active participation.
III. LCCC Foundation:
- Attend as many board meetings as possible.
- Participate on a committee or committees of your choice, including meetings, conference calls, events, etc .
- Fulfill fiduciary responsibilities.
- Fulfill expectations of the Committee on Directorship
- Self-evaluation, requested
- Watch list submission of potential board candidates
- Mentor/mentee program
LCCC will ensure that Foundation Board members are informed on all major issues of the Lorain County Community College, and higher education in Ohio.
Serving LCCC Since 1973
The Lorain County Community College Foundation, a nonprofit organization, assembles and utilizes resources to support the mission and vision of LCCC. We enhance our community's quality of life by investing in key LCCC priorities that present the greatest impact and growth opportunities for the people of our community.